The Accelerated MBA program combines the strengths of the undergraduate curriculum at Union College with
the Union Graduate College MBA curriculum. The MBA degree is typically awarded at the end of the fifth year
of study. Accelerated students typically begin taking graduate courses in their junior year; however the bulk
of the graduate course work is completed in the senior and fifth years. All Union College academic majors
provide a suitable foundation for the Union Gradate College MBA degree program. Students may earn an MBA or an MBA in
Admission Procedure and Requirements
- Consult with undergraduate advisor about the accelerated MBA options.
- Meet with an advisor at Union Graduate College. Contact Rhonda Sheehan or call at 518-631-9835 to schedule a meeting with an advisor.
- Students may apply to the accelerated program any time between sophomore year and end of fall term in the senior year. Applications materials can be picked up at the Union Graduate College Admissions Office in The Graduate Center, or call 518-631-9900, or can be found on-line at www.uniongraduatecollege.edu
- Generally an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for admission.
- Students with a Union College GPA of 3.4 or higher can waive the GMAT requirement.
Application requirements can be found on-line at www.uniongraduatecollege.edu
- Application form
- Three recommendations
- Application fee is waived for Union College students
Graduate Level Courses Taken while an Undergraduate
Union College students who are accepted into the accelerated MBA program may take up to three graduate courses, at no additional tuition. These courses count twice: as free electives toward the undergraduate degree and toward
the MBA degree.
Union Graduate College will accept selected Union College undergraduate courses as credit toward the
MBA degree. Students must achieve a B- or above in Union College courses to be considered for waiver.
|Union College Undergraduate Courses
||MBA course equivalent
|Math 010 (or above)
||MBA 501 (1/2 course) Mathematics of Management
|Math 128 or ECO 243 or PSY 200
||MBA 502 (1/2 course) Probability
|Any two Economics courses
Students who complete three graduate level courses while an undergraduate and have two MBA course waivers based on undergraduate coursework, will have met five MBA course requirements before graduating from Union College.